HOW TO FIT CELLULAR BLINDS
Get your new Cellular blinds up in a jiffy with our handy installation guide! We know for most people that the thought of having to fit your new blinds yourself can be pretty daunting... But we have made it our mission to create super simple and easy to follow fitting guides so that you'll never have that initial worry again when ordering your gorgeous new blinds from us. Our helpful guides are all also available to download in PDF format if you have a busy schedule or if you would prefer to print them off. Sounds good right? Keep reading to learn how simple it is to install your gorgeous new Cellular blinds.
You will need:
A drill with correct bit
A crossheaded screwdriver
A metal tape measure
Installation for recess
- First position your blind on the wall surface where you would like it to be mounted. Using a pencil mark the top of the headrail 2.5 inches in from the left and right outside edges of your blind.
- Align the top of the left bracket along the inside of your pencil line. Fasten the bracket to the wall with the screws supplied. Repeat this step with the right side.
- To install your headrail, hook the front of the bracket and rotate it down to snap into place. Finally, try testing and lowering your new blind. To lower your blind, pull the cord towards the center and raise your hand slowly while holding onto the cord. To raise your blind, pull the cord away from the blind at any angle.
Installation for exact
- First position your mounting brackets 2.5 inches in from each side of your window along the top of the window opening. Next, make sure each bracket is in line with eachother so that they are even.
- Lightly mark the screw holes with a pencil through the bracket, then drill through the pencil mark and insert the fastening. The correct number of brackets will be included with your blind, depending on its width.Lightly mark the screw holes with a pencil through the bracket, then drill through the pencil mark and insert the fastening. The correct number of brackets will be included with your blind, depending on its width.
- Insert the headrail into the front of the bracket and carefully snap into place. Finish by lowering your blind to ensure it operates correctly. Insert the headrail into the front of the bracket and carefully snap into place. Finish by lowering your blind to ensure it operates correctly.
- To lower your blind, pull the cord toward the center of your blind and raise your hand slowly while holding onto the cord. To raise your blind, pull the cord away from the blind at any angle.
- If you’re fitting to a wall or lintel, use a drill with the suitable sized bit to make your holes, and push in wallplugs.
There are things that you can do to reduce risk in your home.
- Move beds, cots and furniture away from the window.
- Do not let cords or chains hang loose. Make sure they are kept out of reach of children at all times. Do not tie loose cords and chains together.
- Check the condition of all safety devices if not used regularly and replace if the device is faulty.
- Blinds can be potentially dangerous to small children. Please be aware that swallowing small parts can cause internal asphyxiation. Looped or low hanging cords, chains or tapes can create hazardous loops which could lead to the risk of strangulation. We do everything we can to ensure your chosen product is child safe. As a minimum all of our blinds meet the European Standard BS EN 13120 for safety. Our instructions and the supplied Child Safety device(s) are intended for you to ensure that your blind is as safe as possible.
- The information below gives guidance for fitting the provided child safety devices. All safety devices must be correctly installed for the protection from strangulation of young children and the proper use of the blind. Please read the instructions carefully and keep safe for future reference.
- Only use the devices and cords provided with your blind. Videos showing how to fit and reconnect child safety devices are available, along with replacements at: www.makeitchildsafe.co.uk.
In a hurry? Why not download our PDF version for later!
Shop our favourite Cellular blinds!
Palma Blackout White Cellular Blind
Halifax Stone Cellular Blind
Burlington Blackout Earth Cellular Blind
Halifax Charcoal Cellular Blind
Palma Blackout Cream Cellular Blind
Burlington Blackout Fossil Cellular Blind