HOW TO FIT ROMAN BLINDS
Installing Roman blinds that fit perfectly is easy with our guide
You will need:
A drill with correct bit
A crossheaded screwdriver
A metal tape measure
You should have:
2 Swivel brackets
x1 safety hook
x4 wood screws
1. Fix the brackets
2. Fit the blind
3. Reconnect the inner cord breakaway clip
- The inner cord breakaway clip is attached to the cord and the tape on the reverse of the blind. The clip will break away in two parts if any reasonable weight is placed between the cord and the back of the blind.
- One inner cord breakaway clip will be used on each cord where it crosses a tape.
- If the clip breaks apart, push the small c-clip section (which will remain on the cord) onto the front of the post part (which will remain on the tape).
4. Safety hook
- Put the control chain into the hook at the maximum distance from the control mechanism. Ensure that the chain is taut and that the hook is at the bottom of the loop.
There are things that you can do to reduce risk in your home.
- Move beds, cots and furniture away from the window.
- Do not let cords or chains hang loose. Make sure they are kept out of reach of children at all times. Do not tie loose cords and chains together.
- Check the condition of all safety devices if not used regularly and replace if the device is faulty.
Operating your blind
- To adjust the angle of the louvres, twist the wand and the louvres will turn through 180 degrees. To adjust the angle of the louvres, twist the wand and the louvres will turn through 180 degrees.
- To open and close the blind, pull the wand ensuring the louvres are in the open position. To open and close the blind, pull the wand ensuring the louvres are in the open position.
- From time to time your louvres may be knocked out of alignment. To re-align the louvres remove them from the headrail and draw into the open position. Using the wand rotate the hooks (that hold the louvres onto the headrail) until they are aligned. You will feel some resistance and you may hear a clicking noise, this is normal and you should continue to operate the wand until the hooks are fully aligned.
- Blinds can be potentially dangerous to small children. Please be aware that swallowing small parts can cause internal asphyxiation. Looped or low hanging cords, chains or tapes can create hazardous loops which could lead to the risk of strangulation. We do everything we can to ensure your chosen product is child safe. As a minimum all of our blinds meet the European Standard BS EN 13120 for safety. Our instructions and the supplied Child Safety device(s) are intended for you to ensure that your blind is as safe as possible.
- The information below gives guidance for fitting the provided child safety devices. All safety devices must be correctly installed for the protection from strangulation of young children and the proper use of the blind. Please read the instructions carefully and keep safe for future reference.
- Only use the devices and cords provided with your blind. Videos showing how to fit and reconnect child safety devices are available, along with replacements at: www.makeitchildsafe.co.uk.
In a hurry? Why not download our PDF version for later!
Shop our favourite Roman blinds!
Hadley Dove Roman Blind
Jacquard Stem Tea Rose Orla Kiely Roman Blind
Little Trees Charcoal Missprint Roman Blind
Guatemala Olive Missprint Roman Blind
Vera Seafoam Roman Blind
Veronica Taupe Roman Blind