HOW TO FIT ROLLER BLINDS
You'll have your gorgeous new Roller blinds installed in no time with this handy guide.
When your Roller blinds arrive you will need a handful of common tools to put them up in a matter of minutes:
You will need:
A drill with correct bit
A crossheaded screwdriver
A metal tape measure
You should have:
x1 plunger end bracket
x1 control end bracket
x4 wood screws only
You should have:
Step 1: Fix the brackets
- The brackets differ in appearance. Ensure you fit the Plunger End bracket on same side the blind as the plunger end.
- Locate the measuring points you used to calculate the width of the blind. You may be able to use the blind as a template.
- Ensure the brackets are positioned a suitable distance away from any window handles or obstructions to allow the blind to operate smoothly.
- Make sure you allow the correct amount of space for the blind to fit snugly between the brackets.
- Hold a bracket in position and mark where the screws will go, using the relevant holes in the bracket as a guide.
- If you’re fitting to a wall or lintel, use a drill with the suitable sized bit to make your holes, and push in wallplugs.
- If you’re fitting into a wooden frame, screw your brackets into position. You may want to make pilot holes to allow easier fixing of the screws.
- Fix the bracket into place and repeat on the other side of the blind.
Step 2: Fix the blinds
- With the blind wound up, push the plunger end into the hole on the side of bracket.
- Slide the control side of the blind (where either the spring or chain control is located) onto the Control End bracket.
Step 3: Chain breaker
All roller blind chains at WeLoveBlinds can be supplied with easy-break connectors. But how do they work?
- It’s pretty simple: Two clear plastic connectors are attached to the blind chain itself. When 6kg of pressure is applied to the chain, as the name suggests, the easy-break connectors break easily in order to avoid the entanglement and / or strangulation of children.
- Roller blind chains do not require much force to be broken. If a child should trip and fall into the loop of a roller blind chain, the force exerted will be enough to break it completely, further reducing the risk of strangulation.
- The roller blind chain must be no lower than 600mm off the floor. Anything below 600mm in in-reach of children and therefore poses a greater risk to their health and safety.
There are things that you can do to reduce risk in your home.
- Move beds, cots and furniture away from the window.
- Do not let cords or chains hang loose. Make sure they are kept out of reach of children at all times. Do not tie loose cords and chains together.
- Check the condition of all safety devices if not used regularly and replace if the device is faulty.
Blinds can be potentially dangerous to small children. Please be aware that swallowing small parts can cause internal asphyxiation. Looped or low hanging cords, chains or tapes can create hazardous loops which could lead to the risk of strangulation. We do everything we can to ensure your chosen product is child safe. As a minimum all of our blinds meet the European Standard BS EN 13120 for safety. Our instructions and the supplied Child Safety device(s) are intended for you to ensure that your blind is as safe as possible.Blinds can be potentially dangerous to small children. Please be aware that swallowing small parts can cause internal asphyxiation. Looped or low hanging cords, chains or tapes can create hazardous loops which could lead to the risk of strangulation. We do everything we can to ensure your chosen product is child safe. As a minimum all of our blinds meet the European Standard BS EN 13120 for safety. Our instructions and the supplied Child Safety device(s) are intended for you to ensure that your blind is as safe as possible.The information below gives guidance for fitting the provided child safety devices. All safety devices must be correctly installed for the protection from strangulation of young children and the proper use of the blind. Please read the instructions carefully and keep safe for future reference.Only use the devices and cords provided with your blind. Videos showing how to fit and reconnect child safety devices are available, along with replacements at: www.makeitchildsafe.co.uk.
Shop our favourite Roller Blinds
Pop Snow Roller Blind
Desire Stone Roller Blind
Mya Spa Blue Roller Blind
Desire Petrol Roller Blind
Pop Anthracite Roller Blind
Desire Grass Roller Blind